Friday, March 9, 2012

He Will Carry Us

Several days ago after we posted how it felt like we were in an ocean with wave after wave knocking us down, a friend sent this:
“I am praying that God will calm those "ocean tidal waves" and provide you all with waves for boogie boarding...you know, the ones that are not too big, they can be unpredictable, they give you a good ride, and they always carry you right back to shore.
Through Him, may you be carried!”


We loved that analogy! We will be carried in this storm.

As days have passed since learning about Elena’s relapse and the plan has become clearer, the journey ahead seems extremely difficult. That same dear friend spoke these words to us:

“I talked to Elena last night. She shared all the medical plans with me. Although I had read the blog and spoken to you, I didn't say that I knew. I just let her share. I asked her if she was scared...she paused, and said "Miss Allison, I'm really not." I told her she was the bravest girl I knew and that this time they are going to get rid of that cancer. I believe that with all my heart.”

Knowing our anxiety, she went on to say:
“It feels like the tide is picking up and those boogie board waves I was praying so hard for have become more like gigantic Hawaiian coast waves. You know they still have crazy people that surf those waves, right?!? And as I said before, they are still carried back to shore. Maybe it's not exactly back where they started out (you know when the tide takes you down the beach and you have to walk all the way back to your chairs?), but as always, the waves carry you back. My ongoing prayer, may you continue to be carried by the only One that can truly carry it all.”


At times it does feel like a storm is looming. This weekend we are going to enjoy the calm before the storm. We are going camping!! Our friends made all the arrangements for us to spend the weekend in the North Georgia mountains. We will be staying in one of their fabulous campers. The girls are SO excited since when we do go camping it is usually in a tent.

Thank you friends for making this weekend happen for us and for taking care of all of the details!
Prayers for safe travel, for Elena to stay healthy and strong, and protection for all.

In Him,
The Tates

"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone, my hope comes from Him." Psalm 62:5

3 comments:

  1. Im really glad Elena is calm(: i never stop praying for yall(: Elena really is the bravest girl that i know and im sure Coco and Keelin would say the same.
    With Love,
    Molly Estes

    P.S
    I love the new pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friends and I are praying for y'all constantly!! Elena is one of the strongest girls that I have ever met and she is a true inspiration to me!

    Love y'all!
    Tabitha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had a fabulous weekend!!!!!! I absolutely love the new photos, they are so beautiful!
    We are praying ~
    Diona

    ReplyDelete