Tuesday, February 14, 2012

WOW! What a Night!

It has been a very busy time of year at work - last week another teacher and I completed three weeks of testing nearly 150 ELL students to determine their eligibility status for next year. I have prepared for and attended eight parent conferences in the past four school days. I teach six classes a day in addition to trying to keep up with cleaning, cooking, laundry, and homework at home. It has all been very exhausting and finding time for fun has been nearly non-existant.

Well, last night, thanks to a wonderfully creative husband, the girls and I enjoyed the best Valentine's Day ever!!

I had stayed at work until 5:30.
Mark knew that Liv and I would be late. He also knew what we had planned on having for dinner.


Liv and I arrived home to this:






It was all so absolutely wonderful, magical, and fun!!

We all laughed, smiled, and remembered
how much we love each other.





After dinner, we worked for a while on homework.
Still at the dining room table. Still with dim lights and candles.


We took a homework break for dessert.
Homemade red velvet cupcakes
!



Even amid the nightly homework, it was the best Valentine's Day EVER!
Perhaps one of the best nights ever!
The girls think it should become a new tradition. So do I!

Mark always makes us feel special, but last night was amazing.
We are so thankful for him!


We hope you enjoyed a wonderful night with the ones you love!

In Him,
The Tates

"Be strong and take heart all you who hope in the Lord." Psalm 31:24

No comments:

Post a Comment