Friday, May 20, 2011

Friday Update

I can look at today and feel the frustration of being at the clinic for over three hours when it should have been only one, one and half. I can feel the stress it caused Elena. I can feel the pressure to get her back to school for her last class because she had part of a group project that was due today.

OR I can choose to look at today and remember the joy in hearing that not only did Elena pass the CRCT (big state promotion requirement test), she excelled in all five subject areas. I can remember the gratitude and thankfulness we have for Elena's teachers and administrators for their commitment to Elena this year and for their plans for her for next year. I can feel their warmth and compassion.
I am happy Elena's counts are good regardless of the fact we had to wait until 4 pm to hear what they were since a machine at the clinic wasn't working properly. Her counts are good. Praise God! I am proud of Elena's drive to be at school, do well and not want to let others down. I can choose to appreciate our extra time together today. Everything else can wait.

So....."It's been a good day, Lord. Yes, a very good day."

This is a line from one of my most favorite devotions.
The devotion goes on to say. "I look back on this day with its usual ups and downs. Its frustrations and its moments of gratefulness and joy. And now that it's ending, an aching awareness fills me. I realize that's been a good day. Lord. For it's been filled with life. The life you have given me to cope with and to contribute to. And I wouldn't want to have missed it, not a single minute of it. Thank you, God, for this good day."

As always thanks for caring and for your prayers!
In Him,
The Tates

"A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit." Proverbs 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment